OnePlus 5 update tracker: OxygenOS 4.5.11 now rolling out
The main upgrades this time around come in the form of increased app launching speeds, “optimized” adaptive brightness (possibly a tweak to help it better judge current lighting conditions), and a way to customize notification ringtones.
In addition to those improvements arrives several fixes, including those for YouTube video sometimes lagging behind the audio, display issues of some UI elements, and a problem which meant there was no 4G+ network reception in some regions — something which will no doubt be welcomed by some users. The Android security patches for September will also be found in the new software.
This will once again be a staged rollout for the update, so it could take a few days for it to hit your handset. You can check to see if it’s ready right now by opening the settings menu and then tapping on the “System updates” option.
Let us know what you think of the latest update in the comments below.
Previous coverage: Welcome to the OnePlus 5 Android update tracker page. This page covers all major software news for the OnePlus 5 will be updated regularly with new information.
Unlike our other Android update tracker pages, this article doesn’t contain specific carrier details because the OnePlus 5 is sold in the US unlocked. It also won’t include general security patches.
We recommend you bookmark this page so you can stay up to date with the very latest updates.
OnePlus 5 Android Nougat update
The OnePlus 5 arrived on June 27, 2017, running Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box. This is the latest version of Nougat, so any updates coming before Android 8.0 Oreo are likely to be relatively small.
The OnePlus 5 received its first update just ahead of its online availability on June 26 to OxygenOS version 4.5.2. This delivered various stability optimizations and bug fixes before its official release. Later, some key members of the OnePlus team took part in a Reddit “Ask Me Anything” thread where they confirmed that the OnePlus 3 and 3T would get Android Oreo before the end of the year. This news also indicates that the OnePlus 5 — OnePlus’ latest flagship — will receive Android 8.0 before the end of 2017.
OnePlus 5 update US
|OnePlus 5 updates US||Android 7.1.1 Nougat||Android 8.0|
Previous OnePlus 5 updates:
- August 29, 2017, Oneplus rolls out OxygenOS 4.5.10 with a number of camera improvements including photo noise reduction, improved stability, as well as 60 fps video noise and texture improvements.
- August 1, 2017, OnePlus released the OxygenOS 4.5.7 update that introduced a brand new font called OnePlus Slate, which offers an aesthetic change for owners of the flagship device. The update also comes with a useful functional upgrade: Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) can now be used during 4K video recording. Additionally, OnePlus improved Wi-Fi connectivity and standby battery performance and took care of a few bugs.
- July 6, 2017, OnePlus has reduced the amount of battery consumed when recording videos, provided clearer voice calling, and enhanced the Wi-Fi connectivity in OxygenOS 4.5.5.
- June 16, 2017, OnePlus rolls out the OxygenOS 4.5.2 update. The 36 MB OTA update fixes various bugs including an app installation issue and a problem with system updates. It also delivers Camera, Bluetooth, network and system optimizations.
- June 28, 2017, OnePlus delivers the OxygenOS 4.5.4 update to address an issue with 4G connectivity in the Netherlands.
If you’ve received an update we’ve missed, hit the comments below or Tip Us!